Public waters

US laws are based on the Magna Carta, under which the rivers and shores were held by the monarchy to serve the needs of the general public and the common good, meaning – everyone has a right to go to the river.
The new East River park esplanade design has already been presented to the public, and the Hudson River edge park was suggested as early as 1977. The Queens-Brooklyn Newtown creek is not considered a public space resource, due to ongoing pollution and active industry surrounding it.
Should we be provided with waterfront access to all water bodies in the NY region?
Could that access be provided through waterway, and not over land?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe all water-bodies should be accessible to the public, especially in urban high-density areas, as they can play an important roll and enlarge the diversity of open space in the city.

The idea of access only through waterway, which is obvious in Venice, seems surprising and fresh in NYC. by taking this idea to an extreme point, one can think of re-reading the city inside-out. the most interesting question, to my opinion, is how can the terms and ideas of street, façade, movement, open space, access etc. be re-arrange accordingly?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog
and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog
posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you
access consistently rapidly.

Have a look at my blog Was ist die leckere und ausgesprochen einfache Glutenfreidiät

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this website on regular basis to obtain updated from most up-to-date reports.

Also visit my webpage ... wordpress chat